Backcountry Arches Tour
- 20-minute tour departing daily at 8:30 am
- Canyonlands Regional Airport
- 94 W Aviation Way
- Free parking in front of the main terminal
- All ages are welcome on our flights!
- Children over 24 months must sit in their own seat on the plane
- Child booster pillows are provided by Redtail Air
- Travel through the Moab Canyon Country is spectacular!
- Hear interesting stories, local history and geological facts from your friendly pilot
- Experience a perspective of Moab from the air that you will never forget!
- Window seat for everyone
- Live narration during the tour
- Headsets to clearly hear the narration
- Complimentary water inside the terminal
What to Bring
- Water, a light jacket, a camera, and a smile!
- Food & snacks, available for purchase in the terminal
- There is no bathroom on the plane, though facilities are available before and after your tour
- Please arrive 20 minutes prior to tour departure time
- Passengers are required to request cancellation at least 24 hours in advance of their tour to receive a full refund. Cancellations inside 24 hours are not eligible to have their fares refunded.
- Instant Confirmation
- Email & Mobile Tickets Accepted
Important Tip To Land Your Ideal Tour Time
We do accept walk-up participants, and our tours and rentals regularly sell out. To secure your preferred choice and to avoid missing out, we highly recommend booking as soon as possible.
SET TO THE SKIES ON A TOUR THAT CAN FIT IN EVEN THE BUSIEST OF SCHEDULES
This Moab helicopter tour is the shortest experience we offer at 20 minutes, but every second you’ll spend in the air is well worth the trip. From lift-off to landing, you will be transported to the best views in Southeastern Utah, zipping through stunning canyon country and remote areas few others have the opportunity to experience.
Because our helicopters only fit groups of two or three, these tours are perfect for small groups that want an intimate experience away from other Moab visitors.
For an extended look at this scenery, check out our 30-Minute Arches Helicopter Tour.
ENJOY A CLOSER LOOK AT ALL MOAB OFFERS FROM A HELICOPTER'S PERSPECTIVE
Because helicopters can fly lower and slower than airplanes, this form of transportation has more flexibility in exploring different perspectives and spending a little more time taking in views you are drawn to. Helicopters can hover, circle and ensure you get the best angle possible for each notable feature.
As your pilot navigates the helicopter and grants you the best angle of every view, they will share stories and information about the history of the land and how these stunning formations were formed over millions of years.
GET A PANORAMIC VIEW OF SOME BEAUTIFUL AND REMOTE ARCHES HIDDEN IN MOAB CANYON COUNTRY
The giant helicopter windows grant you sweeping panoramic views in all directions as you ogle at the Moab canyon and desert vistas.
Guests have even more opportunities to appreciate the sheer vastness of the horizon as you hover over Determination Towers, Monitor and Merrimac Butte, Gemini Bridges and the Colorado River as you uncover multiple iconic backcountry arches like Corona Arch, Jeep Arch, and Uranium Arch.
These expansive windows are perfect for guests that want to capture inspiring images and videos of the red rock and canyonland scenery.
ENGAGING GUIDES, EXPERT PILOTS & MOAB ENTHUSIASTS
Wearing special headphones, you and your seasoned helicopter pilot can interact as you soar over the unique Moab topography. Your pilot will narrate the journey and ensure you get a great look at every arch, natural bridge, and tower you encounter on this tour.
From hearing stories about the unique geography of this area to seeing several hard-to-reach iconic red rock formations, you will experience endless moments that are only possible when you fly.
What Our Guests Are Saying
Book With Confidence
Why Redtail Air
ANSWERS TO ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS
DO WE ACTUALLY FLY OVER THE NATIONAL PARK?
WHAT SHOULD WE BRING?
Water, a light jacket, camera, and a smile.
WHAT IS THE MINIMUM AGE?
All ages are welcome on our flights! Children over 24 months must sit in their own seat on the plane. Booster pillows are provided by Redtail Air. Children under the age of 12 fly for 25% off the price on all flights.
HOW BIG IS THE PLANE? HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN FIT?
Up to 9 in a single plane, multiple planes for larger groups
A Brand You Can Trust
- Every 30 minutes
Backcountry Arches Extended Tour
- Every 60 minutes
Edge of Canyonlands Extended Tour
- 11:00 am