Canyonlands National Park Tour
- 1-hour tour at 9am daily
- Canyonlands Regional Airport
- 94 W Aviation Way
- Free parking in front of the main terminal
- All ages are welcome on our flights!
- Children over 24 months must sit in their own seat on the plane
- Child booster pillows are provided by Redtail Air
- On this flight you will see all the jewels of this wondrous national park!
- Hear interesting stories, local history, and geological facts from your friendly pilot
- Experience a unique perspective of the national park by exploring from the air!
- Window seat for everyone
- Live narration during the tour
- Headsets to clearly hear the narration
- Complimentary water inside the terminal
What to Bring
- Water, a light jacket, a camera, and a smile!
- Food & snacks, available for purchase in the terminal
- There is no bathroom on the plane, though facilities are available before and after your tour
- Please arrive 20 minutes prior to tour departure time
- Passengers are required to request cancellation at least 24 hours in advance of their tour to receive a full refund.
- Cancellations inside 24 hours are not eligible to have their fares refunded.
- Instant Confirmation
- Email & Mobile Tickets Accepted
Important Tip To Land Your Ideal Tour Time
We do accept walk-up participants, and our tours and rentals regularly sell out. To secure your preferred choice and to avoid missing out, we highly recommend booking as soon as possible.
HIKING TO THESE VIEWS TAKES SEVERAL DAYS AND MULTIPLE PERMITS. A FLIGHT TAKES AN HOUR
Canyonlands National Park is one of the more diverse parks in southern Utah, and it’s home to hundreds of miles of desert, mountain, and canyon terrain.
The Green and Colorado Rivers divide Canyonlands National Park into districts: Island in the Sky, The Needles, The Maze, and the rivers themselves. These rivers twist and turn through the desert, creating a challenging journey for cars that want to explore the park’s entirety. But, when you book a Canyonlands flight tour, all obstacles are obsolete as you soar above the deep canyons and wide rivers.
TAKE IN THE INCREDIBLY DIVERSE VIEWS OF CANYONLANDS NATIONAL PARK
Our Canyonlands airplane tour starts in the Northern District of the Park with a view of the majestic Upheaval Dome, which can only be seen in its entirety by plane.
Soaring over the serpentine Colorado and Green Rivers, you’ll reach a dramatic confluence before gliding over the Needles District’s colorful rock faces and arches. The different types of sandstone uncovered over millions of years in this district create vibrantly striped rock features in an astonishingly uniform fashion.
SEE THE FAMOUS UPHEAVAL DOME IN ITS ENTIRETY
One of the most outstanding views on the Canyonlands flight tour is the famous Upheaval Dome. We kick off our tour with this astounding crater that some say formed from a meteorite impact 60 million years ago, and others have a different story. To this day, it’s a mystery!
If you were to witness this formation from the ground, you might not realize the history it shows. But when you catch this site from the sky, it’s plain to see that it’s telling an amazing story. Your pilot will explain what scientists have uncovered about Upheaval Dome and why it is an incredible feature to behold.
ENGAGING GUIDES, EXPERT PILOTS, AND LIFETIME MOAB ENTHUSIASTS
Our Canyonlands National Park airplane tour flies over every must-see view in this expansive park, pointing out every notable sight you may have missed if you traveled by car or on foot. While you soar over miles and miles of inspiring terrain, our pilots will identify and describe the different arches. They’ll share the geology, geography, and exciting history of this special area, and explain how Mother Nature came to create such fantastic feats of natural beauty.
What Our Guests Are Saying
Book With Confidence
Why Redtail Air
ANSWERS TO ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS
DO WE ACTUALLY FLY OVER THE NATIONAL PARK?
WHAT SHOULD WE BRING?
Water, a light jacket, camera, and a smile.
WHAT IS THE MINIMUM AGE?
All ages are welcome on our flights! Children over 24 months must sit in their own seat on the plane. Booster pillows are provided by Redtail Air. Children under the age of 12 fly for 25% off the price on all flights.
HOW BIG IS THE PLANE? HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN FIT?
Up to 9 in a single plane, multiple planes for larger groups
A Brand You Can Trust
- 1 hour before sunset
- 9 am
Canyonlands & Arches Tour
- Every 60 minutes