Colorado to Canyonlands Geology Tour
- 90-minute tour at 9am
- Canyonlands Regional Airport
- 94 W Aviation Way
- Free parking in front of the main terminal
- All ages are welcome on our flights!
- Children over 24 months must sit in their own seat on the plane
- Child booster pillows are provided by Redtail Air
- See from the air the world-class geological formations of the Colorado Plateau
- Hear interesting stories, local history, and geological facts from your friendly pilot
- Experience a unique perspective of the national park by exploring from the air!
- Window seat for everyone
- Live narration during the tour
- Headsets to clearly hear the narration
- Complimentary water inside the terminal
What to Bring
- Water, a light jacket, a camera, and a smile!
- Food & snacks, available for purchase in the terminal
- There is no bathroom on the plane, though facilities are available before and after your tour
- Please arrive 20 minutes prior to tour departure time
- Passengers are required to request cancellation at least 24 hours in advance of their tour to receive a full refund.
- Cancellations inside 24 hours are not eligible to have their fares refunded.
- Instant Confirmation
- Email & Mobile Tickets Accepted
Important Tip To Land Your Ideal Tour Time
We do accept walk-up participants, and our tours and rentals regularly sell out. To secure your preferred choice and to avoid missing out, we highly recommend booking as soon as possible.
LEARN THE GEOLOGICAL IMPORTANCE OF THE WEST AS YOU ENJOY EXTRAORDINARY SCENERY
You don’t need to be an earth science expert to appreciate the Colorado Plateau’s immense impact on understanding how our planet developed. Your expert guide will share what scientists have learned about this geologically critical area and fly you over some of the most stunning natural wonders in the country.
COVER A LARGE PORTION OF THE COLORADO PLATEAU, WHICH SPANS FOUR STATES, IN UNDER TWO HOURS
The tour starts gliding over Gateway, CO, which houses some of the most remarkable canyons and rock features in Western Colorado. The bountiful river system that winds through the vibrant red rocks creates lush green foliage that mingles with the red hues of the desert scene.
As you pass over this seamless fusion of color and nature, you’ll fly over famous formations like the Fisher Towers and Morning Glory Arch. If lucky, you may catch some pictures of climbers scaling these easily-recognizable rock features.
FLY OVER STUNNING CANYONLANDS
As you make your way over stunning canyonlands and red rock scenery, geology enthusiasts will get a front-row view of the Paradox Formation – a geological marvel that shaped experts’ understanding of geology and how this terrain developed over millions of years.
You’ll witness dramatic changes in colors, rock features, terrain and vegetation as you cross from the pine-covered La Sal Mountains to low-elevation desert mesas and rock gardens. You can take pictures from the best vantage point of The Colorado and Green Rivers, unique rock formations and so much more.
ENGAGING GUIDES, EXPERT PILOTS, AND LIFETIME MOAB ENTHUSIASTS
Your expert pilot and guide will share the geological importance of the areas, pointing out every notable sight you may have missed if you stayed on the ground. While you soar over the Colorado Plateau, your guide will share stories and explain the scientific significance of each geological site.
What Our Guests Are Saying
Book With Confidence
Why Redtail Air
ANSWERS TO ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS
DO WE ACTUALLY FLY OVER THE NATIONAL PARK?
WHAT SHOULD WE BRING?
Water, a light jacket, camera, and a smile.
WHAT IS THE MINIMUM AGE?
All ages are welcome on our flights! Children over 24 months must sit in their own seat on the plane. Booster pillows are provided by Redtail Air. Children under the age of 12 fly for 25% off the price on all flights.
HOW BIG IS THE PLANE? HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN FIT?
Up to 9 in a single plane, multiple planes for larger groups
A Brand You Can Trust
- 9 am
Canyonlands & Arches Tour
- 1 hour before sunset
- 8 am