Backcountry Arches Extended Tour
- 30-minute tour departing daily at 8:30 am
- Canyonlands Regional Airport
- 94 W Aviation Way
- Free parking in front of the main terminal
- All ages are welcome on our flights!
- Children over 24 months must sit in their own seat on the plane
- Child booster pillows are provided by Redtail Air
- See amazing landscape views of the Colorado River and the Moab Canyon Country!
- Hear interesting stories, local history and geological facts from your friendly pilot
- Experience a perspective of Moab from the air that you will never forget!
- Window seat for everyone
- Live narration during the tour
- Headsets to clearly hear the narration
- Complimentary water inside the terminal
What to Bring
- Water, a light jacket, a camera, and a smile!
- Food & snacks, available for purchase in the terminal
- There is no bathroom on the plane, though facilities are available before and after your tour
- Please arrive 20 minutes prior to tour departure time
- Passengers are required to request cancellation at least 24 hours in advance of their tour to receive a full refund. Cancellations inside 24 hours are not eligible to have their fares refunded.
- Instant Confirmation
- Email & Mobile Tickets Accepted
Important Tip To Land Your Ideal Tour Time
We do accept walk-up participants, and our tours and rentals regularly sell out. To secure your preferred choice and to avoid missing out, we highly recommend booking as soon as possible.
EMBARK ON A SHORTER TOUR THAT WILL FLY YOU OVER THE BEST OF MOAB CANYON COUNTRY
At 30 minutes, this Moab helicopter tour is packed with astounding scenery from the moment you lift off the ground. Your expert pilot will efficiently navigate over gorgeous Moab terrain and grant you direct views of several famous sights around the Moab backcountry, Canyonlands National Park and Dead Horse Point State Park.
As you hover over the canyons and along the edge of the National Park, your pilot will point out many towers, plateaus, arches and bridges that would take days to find by foot.
ENJOY A CLOSE LOOK AT STUNNING RED ROCKS FROM A HELICOPTER'S PERSPECTIVE
Every moment you’re in the air, you will enjoy unobstructed 180-degree views of stunning remote vistas and glide along the edge of Canyonlands National Park for boundless perspectives of the Colorado River, vast canyons and more remote arches.
Our helicopters have enormous curved windows, making them ideal for capturing photos of each famous red rock area. Your pilot will identify every notable feature and ensure you spend enough time hovering near each site for guests to snap the perfect photo and take in the desert beauty.
GET A PANORAMIC VIEW OF SOME BEAUTIFUL AND REMOTE ARCHES HIDDEN IN MOAB CANYON COUNTRY
Ogle at expansive vistas while you search for iconic rock features hidden in the scenery. Your expert pilot will point out Determination Towers, Monitor and Merrimac Butte, Gemini Bridges, Corona Arch, Jeep Arch, and Uranium Arch as you glide along the edge of the park.
Approaching the edge of Canyonlands National Park, you’ll see unobstructed views of Island in the Sky District and Dead Horse Point. With this extended tour, you can also include Pritchett Arch, Halls Bridge and Funnel Arch on your list of indescribable Southeastern Utah rock formations.
ENGAGING GUIDES, EXPERT PILOTS AND LIFETIME MOAB ENTHUSIASTS
Every guest will wear special headphones, allowing you and your pilot to interact as you soar over canyonlands and plateaus. Your pilot will share stories of the land and ensure you understand the historical and geological importance of every arch, natural bridge, and tower you encounter on this tour.
From reaching the edge of Canyonlands National Park to enjoying hard-to-reach iconic Moab scenery, you will experience endless unforgettable moments only possible when you take to the skies.
What Our Guests Are Saying
Book With Confidence
Why Redtail Air
ANSWERS TO ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS
DO WE ACTUALLY FLY OVER THE NATIONAL PARK?
WHAT SHOULD WE BRING?
Water, a light jacket, camera, and a smile.
WHAT IS THE MINIMUM AGE?
All ages are welcome on our flights! Children over 24 months must sit in their own seat on the plane. Booster pillows are provided by Redtail Air. Children under the age of 12 fly for 25% off the price on all flights.
HOW BIG IS THE PLANE? HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN FIT?
Up to 9 in a single plane, multiple planes for larger groups
A Brand You Can Trust
- Every 30 minutes
Backcountry Arches Tour
- Every 60 minutes
Edge of Canyonlands Extended Tour
- 11 am