Island in the Sky of Canyonlands Tour
- 45-minute tour every 60 minutes starting at 8:30 am
- Canyonlands Regional Airport
- 94 W Aviation Way
- Free parking in front of the main terminal
- All ages are welcome on our flights!
- Children over 24 months must sit in their own seat on the plane
- Child booster pillows are provided by Redtail Air
- Our most popular helicopter tour, this 45-minute tour is simply breathtaking!
- Hear interesting stories, local history and geological facts from your friendly pilot
- Experience a perspective of Moab from the air that you will never forget!
- Window seat for everyone
- Live narration during the tour
- Headsets to clearly hear the narration
- Complimentary water inside the terminal
What to Bring
- Water, a light jacket, a camera, and a smile!
- Food & snacks, available for purchase in the terminal
- There is no bathroom on the plane, though facilities are available before and after your tour
- Please arrive 20 minutes prior to tour departure time
- Passengers are required to request cancellation at least 24 hours in advance of their tour to receive a full refund. Cancellations inside 24 hours are not eligible to have their fares refunded.
- Instant Confirmation
- Email & Mobile Tickets Accepted
Important Tip To Land Your Ideal Tour Time
We do accept walk-up participants, and our tours and rentals regularly sell out. To secure your preferred choice and to avoid missing out, we highly recommend booking as soon as possible.
JOIN US ON OUR MOST POPULAR MOAB SCENIC HELICOPTER TOUR
This 45-minute Island in the Sky of Canyonlands helicopter tour is our classic flight for guests who want an exciting overview of the areas around Moab. This introduction to the surrounding geography is a fantastic way to kick off a Moab Adventure. Learn about the land so you can pick and choose the hikes, sights and areas you want to see more of on foot.
What would take days or even weeks to hike only takes 45 minutes by helicopter! Check out our Grand Tour to spend more time in the air and catch even more sights.
TRACE THE EDGE OF CANYONLANDS NATIONAL PARK FOR UNBEATABLE VISTAS
While helicopters are not allowed over the park, this tour will get you as close as possible to the stunning 1000-ft canyons, sweeping plateaus and winding rivers of Canyonlands National Park. With giant, panoramic windows and an expert pilot, you will experience unforgettable perspectives and appreciate the sheer enormity of the horizon in the Island in the Sky District.
Your pilot can fly lower and slower in a helicopter than in an airplane, so you will have more than enough time to take in and appreciate every view from multiple angles.
EXPLORE AND LEARN STORIES ABOUT THE REMOTE AREAS OF THE MOAB BACKCOUNTRY
As you explore the area outside of the Moab canyonlands, your pilot will fly over Dead Horse Point, the serpentine Colorado River, Thelma and Louise Point, the vibrant Potash Ponds and many other underrated Moab must-sees that are hard to reach but well worth the view.
Your pilot will also point out and offer a great angle of many backcountry arches, including Corona Arch, Pritchett Arch, Halls Bridge, and Funnel Arch. These confounding rock formations put Moab on the map, and seeing just a few of the over 2,000 arches in the area will emphasize the singularity of this land.
ENGAGING GUIDES, EXPERT PILOTS & MOAB ENTHUSIASTS
Our Arches National Park airplane tour will give you unobstructed aerial access to this famous rock feature and fly you over highly-underrated sights you may not yet have on your radar. As you glide over Arches National Park, your pilot will introduce you to remarkable cliffs, fins, monuments and pillars meticulously carved by Mother Nature over millions of years.
What Our Guests Are Saying
Book With Confidence
Why Redtail Air
ANSWERS TO ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS
DO WE ACTUALLY FLY OVER THE NATIONAL PARK?
WHAT SHOULD WE BRING?
Water, a light jacket, camera, and a smile.
WHAT IS THE MINIMUM AGE?
All ages are welcome on our flights! Children over 24 months must sit in their own seat on the plane. Booster pillows are provided by Redtail Air. Children under the age of 12 fly for 25% off the price on all flights.
HOW BIG IS THE PLANE? HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN FIT?
Up to 9 in a single plane, multiple planes for larger groups
A Brand You Can Trust
- Every 60 minutes
The Grand Tour
- Every 30 minutes
Backcountry Arches Tour
- 1 hour before sunset