Edge of Canyonlands Sunset Tour
- 60 minute tour departing daily one hour before sunset
- Canyonlands Regional Airport
- 94 W Aviation Way
- Free parking in front of the main terminal
- All ages are welcome on our flights!
- Children over 24 months must sit in their own seat on the plane
- Child booster pillows are provided by Redtail Air
- View all the best sights of Moab’s magnificent canyonlands at sunset!
- Hear interesting stories, local history and geological facts from your friendly pilot
- The once-in-a lifetime views are a must for all photography buffs!
- Window seat for everyone
- Live narration during the tour
- Headsets to clearly hear the narration
- Complimentary water inside the terminal
What to Bring
- Water, a light jacket, a camera, and a smile!
- Food & snacks, available for purchase in the terminal
- There is no bathroom on the plane, though facilities are available before and after your tour
- Please arrive 20 minutes prior to tour departure time
- Passengers are required to request cancellation at least 24 hours in advance of their tour to receive a full refund. Cancellations inside 24 hours are not eligible to have their fares refunded.
- Instant Confirmation
- Email & Mobile Tickets Accepted
Important Tip To Land Your Ideal Tour Time
We do accept walk-up participants, and our tours and rentals regularly sell out. To secure your preferred choice and to avoid missing out, we highly recommend booking as soon as possible.
JOIN US ON OUR MOST DETAILED TOUR AT SUNSET
With giant curved windows and more flexible flight abilities than airplanes, our helicopter tours are the premiere way to end a day in canyon country. Helicopters can fly lower and slower than airplanes, ensuring you have time to take in the brilliant vistas and capture the perfect sunset photo.
This 60-minute tour covers every iconic view in the classic 45-minute Edge of Canyonlands helicopter tour and some outstanding views you will only see on this extended tour. All along the way, your pilot will guide you to the best possible views of the setting sun and famous sights saturated in red, orange and golden hues.
SEE UNPARALLELED VIEWS OF CANYONLANDS NATIONAL PARK AND MORE
Helicopters may not be allowed to cross into Canyonlands National Park airspace, but we still get absolutely breathtaking views of this gorgeous canyon country at magic hour. As the sun sets, it casts giant sweeping shadows across the valley, creating even more drama and stunning contrast in every view.
As you fly to and from the park, your pilot will point out dozens of famous rock features hiding in plain sight. Get unparalleled views of the vibrant Potash Ponds reflecting the sunset glow, Corona Arch, Pritchett Arch, Halls Bridge, Funnel Arch, Kane Creek Canyon, Behind the Rocks and several other red rock sights intensified by the sunset.
TAKE IN GOLDEN HOUR VIEWS ONLY AVAILABLE ON THE EXTENDED TOUR
The extra time spent in the air on this extended sunset tour will take you even further into Moab Valley for an unforgettable experience. As you cross into Castle Valley, you will approach Castleton Tower and enjoy a bird’s eye view of the world-famous Hells Revenge Jeep Trail and Otho Natural Bridge.
The most stunning part of the tour is watching the sunset behind an illuminated horizon. As the sun sets across Castle Valley, you will be blown away by the views of Fisher Tower and Castleton Tower bathed in the day’s final golden and red-hued sun rays.
ENGAGING GUIDES, EXPERT PILOTS AND LIFETIME MOAB ENTHUSIASTS
Wearing special headphones, your pilot can interact with you, share stories of Moab Valley and explain the historical and geological significance of every arch, canyon and scenic point you encounter on this stunning helicopter tour.
From reaching the edge of Canyonlands National Park to finding several hard-to-reach iconic backcountry views, you will experience endless unforgettable moments only possible when you take to the skies.
What Our Guests Are Saying
Book With Confidence
Why Redtail Air
ANSWERS TO ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS
DO WE ACTUALLY FLY OVER THE NATIONAL PARK?
WHAT SHOULD WE BRING?
Water, a light jacket, camera, and a smile.
WHAT IS THE MINIMUM AGE?
All ages are welcome on our flights! Children over 24 months must sit in their own seat on the plane. Booster pillows are provided by Redtail Air. Children under the age of 12 fly for 25% off the price on all flights.
HOW BIG IS THE PLANE? HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN FIT?
Up to 9 in a single plane, multiple planes for larger groups
A Brand You Can Trust
- 9 am
Canyonlands & Arches Tour
- Every 30 minutes
Backcountry Arches Tour
- 11:00 am